WIRELESS SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing application software for Spirent’s industry leading wireless device test systems. This includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities. Product areas include systems and system components used for testing wireless devices for compliance to several industry standards. The primary focus of the position is on the test specifications and the associated application software that controls the test equipment to manage the test procedure and test results.
1. Development responsibilities include specification, design, implementation, and design verification of software and or system components.
2. Software includes high level languages such as Visual Basic and C/C++, and .NET.
3. Experience with the development and ground-up implementation of application software.
4. Experience with databases and reporting systems is also desired.
BSEE/BSCE required and a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position in wireless industry and related technologies. MSEE/MSCE highly desired.
• The successful candidate must have strong familiarity with LTE (CDMA2000 or WCDMA is a plus) wireless communication technologies and standards and a high aptitude for both physical layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks.
• Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired.
• Experience with OTA test methodologies is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of structured software design practices.
• Candidate must have working knowledge of Windows application software design and implementation (DLLs, APIs, COM, etc.) and the methods required to develop/debug such software.
• Experience with Visual Basic, C and/or C++, object oriented programming and system design
• A working knowledge of user interface development and databases and reporting is desired.
• Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
• Possesses strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are also needed in this position.
Spirent Communications (www.spirentcom.com) is a global provider of integrated performance analysis and service assurance systems that...