This position includes the capability to design and the construction of wireless infrastructure in various forms, from broadband wireless connectivity for District workers, residents and visitors to the enhancement of mobile computing and wireless enabled applications. Other design, development and deployment of wireless infrastructure included in this project includes WIFI and other wireless technologies to provide Internet access to underserved populations in order to bridge the digital divide; and point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and mobile wireless connectivity to support public safety and other District government users.
Wireless Field Technician is responsible for creating citywide new design and construction of wireless infrastructure in multi-faceted forms, with a focus on broadband wireless connectivity for outdoors and public safety.
Wireless Field Technician will be responsible for new citywide deployments - Scope of services will include but not limited to working on outdoor wireless to support public safety and public broadband access, starting with the underserved WARDS.
- Conducting comparative outdoor wireless hardware evaluation and analyses associated with the following selection criteria's - Degree of throughput; Coverage density; Equipment reliability; Ease of installation; Maintenance history, both preventative and corrective; Power consumption; Document results in Excel format and provide supporting selection proposal.
- Site Surveys - Conduct site surveys at proposed locations with emphasis on the following key determining factors - Proximity to fiber infrastructure; Potential for wireless connectivity and possible signal aggregation with neighboring sites utilizing current meshing technology; Evaluation of internal customer cabling infrastructure and proposed pathways which meet all BICSI & EIA/TIA cabling standards; Identification of potential PE device locations.
- Drafting Bill of Material - Determine/document equipment requirements with consideration for redundancy and other ancillary customer expectations.
- Generating site design - Generate OSP/ISP design consistent with wireless industry standards, throughput requirements, and compliance with tracking documentation necessary for ensuring future network availability and maintenance SLA commitments.
- Responsibilities will also include the development of new wireless system. This would include the development of proposal text, drawings and material content that effectively describe the system and special equipment being offered.
- Candidate will be able to alternative work hours to accommodate work within different facilities such as schools and capable working in secure areas.
- Candidate will work within a Help Desk environment aided by an assigned ticketing system (Remedy) which will assist in tracking site surveys. This process is ensures that we meet all SLA's that are currently in place within our Help Desk on standard trouble tickets.
- Candidates work load will consist of 80 percent wireless installations and 20 percent operational support.
Crossroads Employment Services, LLC - 14 months ago