One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This position entails working within the Cased Hole / Open Hole / Intervention discipline. The individual will continue to receive training to extend their knowledge of services related to formation evaluation, production logging, perforating services, conveyance, imaging, and explosive and radioactive handling / safety procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Plan and prepare for well site operations.
- Supervises Junior Field Engineer and Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment.
- Conduct Wireline well site operations to the satisfaction of customer at well site.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency.
- Assures adherence to all safety regulations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Subject to "on call" hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- May be required to work at well site locations (offshore or out of town) for extended periods.
- Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change.
- Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
- 0-2 years experience as an Engineer or equivalent position with an outside company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, physics or mathematics (preferred) or high school graduate or equivalent plus Company engineer training and 2 years experience as Field Engineer.
- College degree in Engineering or related science, or equivalent oilfield job experience.
- Ability to pass Junior Field Engineer courses and training.
- Ability to obtain Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Experience within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Educated to degree level in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
GOVERNMENTAL REGULATIONS THAT MONITOR OPERATION
- Must be certifiable in all applicable governmental compliance programs.
- May be required to obtain CDL with hazardous materials endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have never been convicted of a felony.
Weatherford - 2 years ago
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...