Wm Regional Cio
The Wealth Management Regional Chief Investment Officer (RCIO) dually reports to the Deputy CIO for Wealth Management and to the Executive Vice President, SMD for Wealth Management s Southwest (SW) region. This region includes Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The RCIO will partner with the SW Regional Management in establishing direction and communicating the Investment Management (IM) vision within the region across both the investments and brokerage platforms. The successful candidate will work with the SMD to ensure that all team members in the region understand and can articulate the Investment Management strategy/philosophy. S/he will work closely with the Senior Directors of Banking, Regional Investment Managers, Heads of Investment Management & Fiduciary Services, Senior Director of Planning, National Sales, and Regional Managing Directors to drive investment management business growth and retention of key clients.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Have regularly scheduled meetings with the Regional Management team to ensure the implementation of the IM strategy/philosophy within the region. This will include leveraging the:
o Investment strategy/philosophy for all business lines (IM, Brokerage, Planning, Trust)
o Diversified models on both investment platforms
o 4 Asset Class Diversification
o Portfolio Strategies Group and Asset Class Specialists
- Jointly manage, with the Senior Director of Sales, the Investment Strategy Specialist and coordinate with other Investment Wholesalers (both internal and external) to ensure consistent investment messaging throughout the region.
- Partner with other investment resources of Wells Fargo including strategists and corporate economists to present a coordinated market and economic view to our clients and prospects.
- Be the investment thought leader in the market speaking on calls, writing commentary, presenting at focus and CIO events, and engaging with significant clients/prospects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Investment Leadership within the Region / Management & Development
o Communicate with all investment professional (both Financial Advisors and Investment Strategists) within the region keeping them informed on investment issues and strategies.
o Work with all investment professionals across the region to ensure they can/will share the IM vision and strategy with clients.
o Provide leadership for investment strategy across both investment platforms.
o Drive a consistent client investment experience across both investment platforms.
o Help the field understand how to use all the investment resources available.
o Drive investment acumen among all team members in order to accomplish WM goals.
- Communication within the Region
o Communicate the IM philosophy, vision, process and delivery to team members, clients and prospects.
o Elevate the national investment process and provide support for the process directly and indirectly through field participation.
o Convey key economic, market and investment strategy messages across the region internally, externally and through the media.
o Provide investment thought leadership for overall WM investments.
o Share successes across the region and disciplines.
o Be a strong advocate for our Asset Allocation process and strategies across all of WM.
- National Leadership
o Regularly and consistently attend, participate, and lead on the Investment Policy Committee and National Investment calls.
o Participate on national investment strategy committees as assigned.
o Lead up to two national issues that will advance, develop, or improve the investments.
o Collaborate with corporate economics and Wells Cap investment.
12+ years of investment management and overall securities market experience including 5+ years of leadership experience.
- 5 + years of experience servicing affluent/high-net-worth clientele
- 5 + years giving effective and engaging presentations to small and large audiences
- Deep investment knowledge with a passion for investments
- Excellent investment and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to motivate others to greater performance, project poise and confidence, exercise sound judgment, and work well independently
- Proactive, innovative and creative skill set in order to meet client and enterprise needs
- Exceptional collaborative skills with the ability to build partnerships across the enterprise
- Ability to travel frequently
- CFA strongly preferred
- MBA/MS in economics, finance or other business discipline
- Demonstrated experience producing and presenting investment related subject matter to media
- Fluent Spanish
Location: Other locations may be considered in the Southwest Region.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets....