Designer -- Women's Apparel
Tobi (www.tobi.com) is looking for a highly creative, business-minded Women's Fashion Designer in the Los Angeles area. This person will bring their energy and passion for fashion to help define the direction of our private label. The ideal candidate will have a great sense of style, understands the Tobi girl and can balance creativity with business goals.
- Develop original concepts and translate trends into designs that are appropriate for the Tobi customer and are within the targeted price range
- Develop complete Tech packs with detailed specifications, fabrications, and technical drawings
- Manage fitting process by making appropriate fit/construction adjustments and communicating changes to internal teams and vendors
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection; Must stay current with developments in fabrics, trims and sewing techniques
- Work closely with the Director of Product Development and Buying team to ensure designs adhere to overall business strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Fashion Design experience
- Ability to hand sketch
- Proficient in Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of garment construction, textiles, fabrics, and Technical packs
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player
Tobi is a leading Internet fashion company. We are creating the next generation online apparel shopping experience, which will be more personal, more convenient and more fun than what is out there today. The Tobi team is a unique blend of top talent in fashion, technology and operations, and we are always looking for great people to join our team. Join us!
For immediate consideration, please respond to this post with a cover letter and resume. Please put "Women's Designer" in the subject field. Tobi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.