The Word Processing Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the daily activities of the Resource Center on a firm-wide basis, to include personnel management, workflow coordination, and department growth and development. In addition, the Word Processing Manager will act as the information and quality control manager for the Resource Center.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must possess considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of a word processing department, preferably law office word processing.
• Must possess strong supervisory skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both attorneys and staff.
• Must be able to work with and maintain confidential information.
• Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills with the ability to focus on specifics, as well as the bigger picture.
• Must possess strong time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects and work independently.
• Must possess strong collaborative leadership and management skills with a strong ability to work in a team environment.
• Must possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability as well as the ability to manage and support change in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to create and edit complex documents/forms to specifications using advanced word processing and software knowledge.
• Must be able to utilize the following applications: MS Office 2007, Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, Nuance, Bookmarking, PacketBuilder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and direction to Resource Center operators.
• Manages all aspects of department staff including hiring, development, supervision and performance management.
• Sets metrics and tracks and analyzes data to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Creates and interprets reports to provide department strategic planning to align with firm-wide objectives.
• Develops, implements and administers the Resource Center initiatives to increase department performance while maintaining a positive, engaging work environment.
• Assists with budget processes, as well as any other projects assigned by the Sr. Human Resource Manager.
• Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the firm’s standards.
• Ensures that requests are handled in a timely manner and conducts appropriate follow-up.
• Works closely with the Office Administrators and Human Resource Managers to ensure that department improvements and changes are administered in accordance with established office procedures, and that firm-wide goals are achieved.
Education and/or Experience:
Preferred Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years experience working in a legal support capacity that provides advanced administrative support, which includes word processing, secretary, and other positions requiring advanced Microsoft Office application skills, or any combination of experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the job. Project management experience preferred.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...