*Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Excellent interpersonal skills.
*At least one year experience answering and redirecting calls.
*At least one year word processing experience and be proficient in keyboarding
*Proficient in MS Office software and WordPerfect Office Suite.
*Familiar with Government’s word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications.
*Must work well under pressure.
*High School diploma or GED.
*Position will require frequent bending, lifting and carrying of small office items.
*Experience supporting legal staff in law or government office would be extremely helpful.
*Litigation Support experience helpful.
*Current or active security clearance.
Specific Job Description
Employee will provide a variety of administrative services to include:
- Receive telephone calls, visitors and determines the nature of the call or business of visitors. Decide whether the nature of the call or the visit requires the attention of the supervisor, can be handled directly, or should be referred elsewhere.
- Types, edits, corrects,etc, documents, charts and tables as required.
- Opens, reviews, and distributes incoming mail within one day of receipt. Determines which can be handled personally, what can be taken care of by other personnel, and forwards the rest to appropriate staff with necessary background material.
- Coordinate and/or assist with large branch mail-out tasks. As necessary, review outgoing correspondence for grammatical correctness; conformance with correspondence procedures and general policy; accuracy of names, places, dates and references cited, adequacy and clarity; and proper organizational coordination and security handling.
- Make travel arrangements for branch/division staff. Arranges for transportation and hotel reservations and prepares travel orders and vouchers. Reviews and ensures that travel authorizations and vouchers for staff are accurate before forwarding to Administration Division for processing.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Standard Job Description
Word Processor I
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
Mega 3 (Civil Rights)
7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool
Office and Clerical
District of Columbia
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...