WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Assists attorneys in handling litigation and delivering legal services by operating word processing and transcribing equipment to key data and/or text from a variety of sources
- Maintains and develops Word Processing status reports for supervisor and pattern and form templates for operators
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Has basic understanding of local and state rules regarding pleadings and discovery formats, deadlines and filing requirements
- Strong command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Effectively operates general office equipment
- Able to follow written, oral and dictated instructions with little supervision
ITEMS OF NOTE
This position is part of a records acquisition team which supports the attorneys and staff in the defense of State Farm insureds in litigated cases. The position requires review and maintenance of a database of providers, and the creation and dispatch of correspondence, records authorizations, or subpoenas (records request)] to opposing legal counsel and health care providers or employers to obtain necessary records. Other duties include monitoring responses of opposing counsel, assistance in monitoring records production, dispatch of follow-up record requests, prompt notification to the recipients of records requests of case resolution, and other duties necessitated by the case or as assigned by other members of the defense team.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 12 months ago
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...