Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 302207
Environment, Health, Safety and Security
Group: Worker Safety and Health Services
The position is accountable for assessing Safety and Health (S&H) program elements for compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements, identifying deficiencies, developing appropriate corrective actions, providing technical guidance for the development of policies and procedures, reviewing new regulatory requirements for applicability, and reviewing projects and programs for compliance with S&H requirements.
Field Deployed Safety and Health Representative: The incumbent will act as a field deployed S&H support representative providing services to PNNL staff and line, facility, and/or project management to assist them in conducting construction and operational activities in a safe and compliant manner.
The primary duties of the incumbent will be to:
The incumbent will be accountable to:
- provide safety and health support to operations/maintenance/construction projects;
- identify, evaluate, and select options for hazard identification and control within the framework of DOE and PNNL requirements;
- responsible to act as a central point-of-contact for resolution of occupational S&H related issues;
- participate in work planning processes;
- respond to employee concerns;
- provide oversight of M&O and construction contractor work;
- investigate accidents, injuries, and illnesses;
- participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned programs
- respond to off-normal events and provide S&H support
- participate as needed to emergency activities, drills.
- mentor junior staff
- the matrixed organization for the implementation of Worker Safety and Health (WS&H) programs;
- WS&H services manager for providing field services that are integrated with other WS&H components.
Bachelor''s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience. Advanced degree and 8+ years of relevant experience. Professional license and/or certification preferred.
Bachelors degree in a technical, scientific, or engineering related field; A minimum of ten years experience with environment, safety, and health operations, including at least 5 years experience in the construction industry;
Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist;
Strong electrical safety expertise. Knowledge of NFPA 70 National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace and the DOE Lock-out/Tag-out process
Knowledge of DOE, OSHA and Washington State Department of Labor and Industries occupational health and safety standards, policies, and programs is required (29 CFR 1910, 29 CFR 1926, 29 CFR 1200, WAC 296).
Familiarity with ANSI/HPS standards is desirable. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
The candidate must possess good negotiation skills, and must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of levels of staff and line management in providing effective and compliant solutions to S&H problems.
Must meet minimum requirements to receive further consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
All staff at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - 14 months ago