Argonaut Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Argo Group US, a national underwriter of specialty insurance in niche areas of the property-casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group US offers a full line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims handling needs of its clients.
Argonaut Insurance Company currently has a challenging opportunity for a Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistant in our San Francisco, CA office. This position reports to a Supervisor in Irving, TX.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide clerical support to claims adjusters in the daily management of workers’ compensation claims.
Specific job duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide clerical support to claims adjusters to facilitate timely and accurate management of workers compensation claims. This includes but is not limited to completing complex state forms, wage statement calculations.
- Update existing claims in claims database as needed.
- Screen all incoming phone calls, assess and assign out to proper party.
- Retrieve and work general voice mailbox
- Prepare written correspondence
- Print, attached backup documentation/invoice and mail checks.
- Electronic and paper filing as needed.
- Complete reimbursement requests for Second Injury funds/submit documentation to proper parties
- Process outgoing mail / FedEx.
- Ordering office supplies
- General office machine administration
- Enter stop/cancel/release checks, process cash receipts, work check exceptions
- EAMS reporting
- Update Subpoena Log
- Utilization Review for California claims
- Other assigned tasks or projects
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argonaut’s and our customers’ ability to be profitable) .
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and reach out and collaborate with peers to achieve common goals in a team environment.
- A high sense of responsibility and pride in completing a work product of excellence.
- A high level of integrity and ability to earn trust of co-workers.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Highly accurate typing with speed of at least 50 wpm.
- Strong PC skills, including extensive experience working on Windows and good knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with ImageRight and MS Access a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and flexible environment.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate proficiently in English is required. The ability to communicate proficiently in Spanish as well is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the insurance industry preferred but not required.
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
· We desire to excel
· We are committed to our clients and to each other
· We have the courage to do the right thing
· We apply original thinking
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com .
Argo Group - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...