The goal of this position is to leverage one or more project teams by providing coordination and support of defined project and functional requirements. The team project coordinator performs multiple responsibilities, which ultimately allow project team members to function more effectively and efficiently. Each coordinator provides a critical link between project teams and B&D’s main office, ensuring that the company’s methodologies and practices are utilized consistently. While imbedded within the project team structure, the coordinator reports directly to the vice president of practice management (VPPM), with a secondary reporting line to one or more project executives. The coordinator must be capable of applying independent thinking to numerous important activities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Manages new client acquisition logistics, including completing and processing the new client checklist, activating the SharePoint client portal, publishing the project schedule to the QC team, and informing the Business Development team of the final financial terms of the new contract, as well as other project start-up responsibilities.
Coordinates the team’s information technology (IT) needs, including placing all requests for assistance to the IT team and monitoring response times and effectiveness of implemented solutions. Also assists team members with modest IT support and training.
Coordinates with the Research & Methods (R&M) and Quality Control (QC) teams to ensure that major client deliverables, especially final reports and models, are reviewed for best practice compliance and data benchmarking. Trains new team members on where best practice tools are located and alerts R&M to any issues arising from team member use of the tools.
Supports the project team’s marketing efforts by conducting prospecting research required to complete prospect profiles and gather information for the development of the sales story. Also coordinates communication between the marketing / business development team and project team members throughout the sales process.
Supports the billing process by communicating with accounting on all project team billings. Alerts the project executive to any billing issues.
Manages client and team SharePoint portals, including keeping project schedules up to date and identifying opportunities for the project executive to shift work flow to maximize staff productivity. Alerts team members to important milestone activities or commitments.
Coordinates with other workflow specialists to ensure that methods, systems, and processes are consistent firm-wide.
Facilitates information flow between the team and the vice president of practice management related to time keeping, consistency of QC and QA processes, as well as a series of regular interest surveys, performance analyses, and company announcements.
Assists with the coordination of important team or region activities, including recruiting and onboarding of new employees, hosting clients, and administering regional offices.
Participates in firm and team training to develop professional competencies and ensure familiarity with company methodologies and practices.
Performs other duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of full-time professional experience.
- Directly related work experience in the architectural, construction management, engineering, project management, or facility planning field is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint is desired.
- Familiarity with project management or scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera, SureTrak, etc.) is desired.
- Willingness to learn quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in all job areas.
- Ability to be well organized and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing and speaking).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced setting, prioritizing and juggling multiple tasks and/or projects.
- Must be a confident team player who is willing to offer solutions to issues and new approaches to performing the team’s work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Office environment; low to moderate noise.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
- Occasional overnight travel by air or car may be required.
- Office equipment/computers at least 8 hours per day.
- Sitting at desk or table for up to 8 hours per day.
- Standing or walking.
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment).
- Eye-Hand coordination (keyboard typing).
- Hearing and talking.
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing).
Brailsford & Dunlavey (B&D) is a Washington, D.C.-based facility planning