Currently the fourth largest producer of natural gas in the continental United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 3 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached nearly 700 MMcf at year-end 2013. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, East Texas, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin and Niobrara formation, and New Brunswick, Canada.
- Provides daily direction and support to Well Site Supervisors (Company/Contract) and responsible for the implementation of the completion phase of well bore construction
- Responsible for all surface/subsurface operations necessary to transition the well from the installation of production casing to flow back operations following stimulation
- Implements the completion phase and all remedial workovers/recompletion well site operations
- Comprehends and communicates the overall procedure, plan or goal to required personnel including contractor and vendors
- Directly supervises the personnel assigned to each project. Efficient and safe well site operations will demand daily direction and effective scheduling of well site activities (i.e. personnel and equipment)
- Utilizes computer software to prepare and forward daily operations reports
- Reviews and processes invoices via the existing computerized invoice system
- Ensures all well site supervisors possess and maintain proper credentials and training needed to comply with all company policies, including but not limited to, safety and environmental issues as well as state and federal regulatory rules and statues
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 7-10 years of experience in oil and gas completion operations is preferred
- A vaild driver's license is required
- Must be adept in basic mathematics
- Must have general knowledge of computers & Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of oil and gas completions operations is essential
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
SouthWestern Energy Company - 10 months ago