Do you enjoy space management and rearranging facilities?
Have you ever kept track of assets by tracking and tagging items?
If so, we may have found the perfect fit for you! The Facilities Department is currently seeking a Workplace Services Technician to join their team and help to keep Ashford University’s assets in check! The Workplace Services Technician will be responsible for the ID tagging and inventorying of all the university’s assets.
The Workplace Services Technician position is a full-time employment opportunity. Ashford University seeks a dedicated team player to be responsible for performing the day-to-day and periodic event set-ups and tear-downs, office relocation, moves, adds, and changes for all Ashford University departments and facilities. Provides a high quality of service to support all university sponsored and external group events and functions. Specific responsibilities for each individual will be determined by the Building Services Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
• Follow written or verbal directions given by Manager to respond to needs of scheduled events and office relocations.
• Responsible for ID tagging, and inventorying of all university assets (furniture, equipment, etc.).
• Provide and develop the necessary pre-printed move labels, signage and drawings.
• Communicate with Ashford University leadership, and end-users of move plans and activities leading up to and including the physical relocation.
• To service as the “conduit” between other building services departments and end-users.
• Assist in facilitating subcontracted services associated with the relocation – i.e. physical move vendor, IT support vendor, move supplies, etc.
• Execute move logistics plan for all move phases and provide feedback for alternative move solutions.
• Operate efficiently and effectively to align the move within the project budget to control project costs.
• Responsible for proper handling of all furnishings used for campus events.
• Gather and obtain data from any post move audits to update the staffing and inventory database.
• Maintain events materials in safe condition; submit for repair as needed.
• Complete setup and teardown tasks in a timely manner and with courtesy.
• Performs all assignments in accordance with Ashford University’s approved procedures.
• Meets all Ashford University quality expectations in assigned tasks.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Adherence to industry safety standards and requirements of Bridgepoint Education is required at all times.
• Proven mechanical ability and aptitude.
• Proven ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Current driver’s license required.
• Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
• Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
• Perform all work orders issued for setup/teardown and/or special custodial services to the highest quality and as expeditiously as possible.
• Follow directions of Manager in filling requests for furnishings required to accommodate scheduled events.
• Transport furnishings safely and with care to avoid damage; report all damage to Supervisor immediately.
• Observe all safety training with regard to techniques of lifting heavy objects, moving large objects, proper use of transport equipment.
• Communicate with sponsors of events as needed; act professionally at all times in complying with sponsor requests.
• Perform all other tasks as assigned by Workplace Services Manager and by Associate Director of Building Services in response to needs of Ashford University.
• A High School diploma or GED is preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...