Concentra is looking for talented professionals who will embrace and personify the Company values of: *A Healing Focus, *A Selfless Heart, and *A Tireless Resolve. Successful candidates will be those who exemplify the welcoming, respectful & skillful behaviors that support our Company focus on excellence in health, wellness, customer service and a passion for lifestyle change.
The Worksite Health Specialist (Health Coach) promotes, supports and engages onsite employees in developing healthy lifestyles. The health coach will provide critical focus on health education, wellness program coordination, worksite health promotion, and health marketing activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The onsite health specialist (health coach) provides program coordination and support of health improvement program (HIP) activities, including planning, scheduling and implementing health screenings, targeted lifestyle support programs and other health promotion activities.
- Provide health coaching to employees and effectively manage the company modifiable risk factors
- Responsible for educating employees about their health risks and/or conditions, educating employees about resources available to them, and facilitating lifestyle behavior change by performing (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Reviews written or on-line Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and biometric screening results
- Conducts or delivers individual and/or group consultations for targeted lifestyle interventions
- Designs, implements, evaluates and documents in writing and or electronically health promotion or education strategies, interventions or techniques in a timely manner,
- Plans, presents and coordinates nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation and other wellness programs as needed.
- Promote participation in health management programs
- Create individual health improvement plans, facilitate participation in individual action plans and provide timely tracking to document behavioral change and key metrics and outcomes
The onsite health specialist (health coach) promotes healthy lifestyle behaviors through educational campaigns, social marketing techniques, and ongoing participation in worksite wellness activities, projects, task forces and committees.
- Coordinates with onsite leadership, other health specialists and clinical staff, if present, in the delivery of health promotion activities, special events or seminars
- Correlates education plan with other healthcare professionals as needed
- Tracks outcomes, utilization and referrals.
- Develops departmental budget and monitors expenditures.
- Assists in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies for all HIP activities and supports worksite environmental and policy changes to support healthy lifestyle behaviors and enhance health.
- Evaluates program effectiveness, utilization and makes recommendations for change.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing principles to promote patient behavior change and support patients to develop action plans to meet goals.
- Provides a link to company resources and assists with arrangement of appropriate referrals
- Educates employees on self-management techniques and disease specific information.
- Advocates disease prevention, health, and promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Integrates and leverages technology tools to identify, track, and evaluate the success of chronic disease prevention and management interventions.
- Experience with Microsoft products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Integrity and Ethics
- Knowledge of current practice standards in specialty and HIPAA privacy practices.
- Ability to determine the needs of your audience.
- Experienced in effective instruction, facilitating performance, motivational enhancement and development of another.
- Ability to speak, write, and document information accurately and effectively.
- Exceptional problem solving, judgment and decision making skills.
- Culturally Sensitive, Professional and Creativity
- Maintains credentials and or registration in clinical or health education related field as appropriate for jurisdiction.
- Vary depending on worksite setting – Office, Plant and Health Center Environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in health promotion, health education, counseling and/or allied health field that includes dietetics, nutrition, and nursing required.
- Registered Dietitian (RD), Certified Health Educator Specialist (CHES), or Registered Nurse (RN), required.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification, preferred.
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE :
- 1-3 years experience as a telephonic or on-site health coach preferred; certified health educator or nurse with health education experience considered
- Skill and experience in application of stages of change theories and behavior change models and case management techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering specific disease and lifestyle related interventions such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition and physical activity, stress reduction, diabetes management and healthy pregnancy
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...