Provides oversight of information systems activities.
Provides input to policy-level direction regarding standards and budget constraints.
Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.).
Prepares activity and progress reports regarding information systems operations.
Provides management of the Centralized Support and Project Teams which includes services supporting moves, IS new hires and deployments for the Columbia area.
Additionally, the WSS Project team handles the analysis and resource estimates for projects involving changes to the desktop and coordinates with other WSS managers relative to resources needed for field work.
The project team is responsible for tracking and reporting on the progress of projects involving WSS.
Provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success and productivity of customers across all business units and is central to key aspects of support for the key BlueCross facilities in the Columbia area.
The position has involvement in and visibility across business units and is involved in all major desktop initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or other job-related degree.
four years of job-related work experience.
four years combined job-related education and experience.
Required Work Experience
- Seven years of related IT experience.
- Prior team lead, supervisor or management experience
equivalent military experience in grade E5 or above.
- Extensive backgound in workstation support.
- Strong technical knowledge of desktop and associated technology.
- Experience managing technical resources, planning and resource allocation.
- Experience with budget management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
- Strong technical knowledge base in related area.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent and effective communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information with understanding to a variety of audiences who have different levels of experience and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, time management, project management and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong management skills, including people, budget and service-level management.
- Knowledge of workstation Windows networking, Active Directory and IP networking.
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation was established in 2001. To promote the good health of South Carolinians and to...