Provides oversight of information systems activities.
Provides input to policy-level direction regarding standards and budget constraints.
Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.).
Prepares activity and progress reports regarding information systems operations.
Provides management of Workstation Support Services at the Nashville location as well as remote Medicare subsidiary offices.
Provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success and productivity of customers in the Medicare business units.
Manages WSS personnel at customer sites with a focus on extraordinary customer service and outstanding results.
This position will be located in Nashville, TN.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or other job-related degree.
four years of job-related work experience.
four years combined job-related education and experience.
Required Work Experience
- Seven years of related IT experience.
- Prior team lead, supervisor or management experience
equivalent military experience in grade E5 or above.
- Extensive backgound in workstation support.
- Strong technical knowledge of desktop and associated technology.
- Experience managing technical resources, planning and resource allocation.
- Experience with budget management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
- Strong technical knowledge base in related area.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent and effective communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information with understanding to a variety of audiences who have different levels of experience and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, time management, project management and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong management skills, including people, budget and service-level management.
- Knowledge of workstation Windows networking, Active Directory and IP networking.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - 4 months ago