Facility: WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
Department: PHYSICAL MED & REHAB
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Job Details: Bachelor''s Degree
The Director is responsible for oversight of all personnel and operations of designated Program, along with implementation, ongoing management and strategic growth of the program. Will direct, oversee and coordinate all functions of patient movement through all the functions of the Wound Care Center experience, with emphasis on accuracy, stellar service and appropriate patient education. Provides oversight the mentoring of new personnel and facilitates an atmosphere of participative management and teamwork among personnel. Controls and directs the staffing patterns, scheduling and assignments, evaluating and holding staff accountable for excellence in practice. A commitment to excellence is displayed through participation in and support of evidence based practice. The Director has oversight of budgeting, revenue and cost management, staffing, short and long range planning, program development, marketing, and policy and procedure for assigned Program. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
Interviews, hires, evaluate, counsels and terminate employees as per WPH hospital policy.
- Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor, problem solver and resource for staff.
- Is responsible and accountable for the overall operations of the Wound Care Center.
- Collaborates in theprovision of comprehensive care.
- Is responsible for the management of wound care personnel, preparing/monitoring of and accountability for the budgets.
- Is responsible for management of staffing budgets.
- Participates in the development of staff competencies and evidenced based standards.
- Assures employee compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assures that employee annual competency and education requirements are satisfied as per WPH policies.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Programs that improve the delivery of care in the Wound Care Center.
- As a member of the WPH leadership team, attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information back to the Center staff.
- Assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
- Able to provide assistance to physicians during routine wound care procedures and other medical procedures as required.
- Works collaboratively with community and organizational resources to improve the provision of care to patients in the Wound Care practice.
- Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adheres to the organizational Behavioral Standards.
Schedules Wound Care Center practice staff.
Updates component of staffing budgets as needed on a continuous basis.
Assures compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements in collaboration with Staff Development Department.
Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage the Wound Care Center.
Participates in development of standards of care, policies and procedures, etc. as needed for the Wound Care Center.
Attends WPH Management/Leadership meetings as required.
Conducts monthly office staff meetings to update staff and/or address office issues.
Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information i.e. verbal, e-mail.
Adheres to safety standards for all practice employees and patients.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree required
Master's Degree, health administration, Nursing or related field preferred
Demonstrates a basic knowledge of management skills
Previous ambulatory practice management/leadershipexperience preferred
Minimum of 3 years relevant acute care experience preferred
Demonstrates excellence in clinical skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Current Employees Click Here to
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...