Job Category: Software Engineering: Content Publishing
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 825313-103204
Division: Microsoft Office Division
Do you enjoy the challenge of writing for a technical audience? Are you interested in working on one of the fastest-growing products in Microsoft's history? Would you enjoy being part of a sociable, hard-working group of content publishing professionals who are passionate about supporting and interacting with enterprise customers? If so, come and join SharePoint!
The SharePoint Content Publishing team is looking for an experienced technical writer to develop compelling content that helps IT professionals plan, deploy, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot SharePoint solutions for on-premises and Hybrid environments. We are looking for a candidate who has experience with cloud-based solutions or enterprise systems implementations. The successful candidate will work closely with a strong team of UA professionals who are committed to providing the IT Pro audience with Web articles, technical posters, video, and other forms of content.
You will be expected to continuously reach out to customers to learn their needs and to focus content development accordingly. You must excel at collaborating closely with your immediate team, CPub teams who create content for other audiences, the publishing, and product engineering teams, content stakeholders, and partners. You must be a flexible self-starter with a sharp focus on shipping high-quality customer-driven products and a desire to continually improve the content. You will be working with other members of the team to define key customer scenarios and write supporting content. This team is responsible for key IT content for SharePoint, such as architecture and design, deployment, upgrade and migration, security and permissions, for both on-premises and Hybrid solutions.
This is an exciting time in our history; SharePoint Online released recently (as part of Office 365) and more exciting developments await as we continue to move customers toward the cloud!
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years technical writing experience
- BA degree (or equivalent) in a communications-related or information technology field
- Strong technical writing capabilities
- 1+ years of experience writing for IT professionals for a Server product
- A strong aptitude to quickly learn complex technical concepts
- Experience writing deployment and operations content
- The ability to integrate information about a technology, and determine how to guide users to plan for and implement the technology
- Excellent collaboration and self-starter skills
- The ability to independently build and manage relationships with customers and partners
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and to research and resolve issues in a complex environment
- The ability to identify common customer scenarios and to write content that supports the scenarios
- The ability to set up test servers and work through complex IT scenarios
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...