AAA is a civic, not-for-profit organization rendering valuable service to the public, as well as many specialized services for the exclusive benefit of its members such as Automotive Services, Financial Services, Insurance and Travel. AAA Southern New England employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us.
Serves as the main staff writer for the Club’s monthly member publication, Horizons, and the monthly employee newsletter, Traveler. Under general direction of the Manager, Publications, receives writing assignments and performs research to generate story-line ideas.
• Writes 8-10 articles a month for member publication, Horizons, which has a 1.66 million circulation and is the Club’s major marketing communications effort. Covers regular beats including Travel, Member Savings, Insurance, Financial Services, Automotive Services, Traffic Safety and Public Affairs. Performs background research and conducts interviews, always ensuring accuracy to uphold the AAA brand. Carries out publication’s mission of providing interesting, informative and entertaining content, while incorporating member voices in as many stories as possible.
• Writes 8-10 articles a month for employee publication, Traveler, which is provided monthly to all employees in our five states and is a major employee relationship management tool for the Club. Performs background research and interviews with club management and fellow employees to collect human-interest stories. Offers a warm tone for short features that tells stories through the eyes and experiences of our employees, and writes snappy copy about Club news, events and happenings.
• Adapts Horizons features for the bi-monthly Horizons Digital Magazine and Horizons Online website as assigned. Assists in gathering and implementing integrated media projects, such as videos, photo slideshows, and contests.
• Takes photos for Traveler and Horizons as needed. Gathers or assigns photos to accompany all articles.
• Proofreads and edits content for Club Publications. Works with Publications Management to resolve discrepancies, verify information and to meet deadlines.
B.A. in Communications or related field preferred. A minimum of 4 years' of newspaper or magazine editorial experience required. Must have expertise in journalistic feature writing. Familiarity with latest Macintosh software and Adobe Photoshop preferred. Must function as a team player with the ability to effectively build professional relationships with members and Club employees in all levels of organization authority. Advanced verbal and written communication skills are required. Must work effectively under the demand of heavy time constraints.
AAA is proud to offer space reserved just for you from $44 p/nt!