Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that offers economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, industries, accounting firms, and governments around the world. Our success stems from the outstanding capabilities of our consultants, many of whom are recognized as experts in their respective fields; our close relationships with a select group of respected academic and industry experts; and from a corporate philosophy that stresses interdisciplinary collaboration and responsive service. Headquartered in Boston, the firm has offices throughout North America and Europe.
The Writer will be a member of CRA’s Marketing and Business Development Team and will be responsible for ensuring all newsletters and articles adhere consistently to CRA’s brand. The individual should be highly adaptable, thoroughly familiar with The Chicago Manual of Style, and well versed in Word and Acrobat markup tools. He or she should be experienced editing, proofreading, and condensing thought leadership pieces (including white papers, articles for industry journals, reports, presentations, and marketing collateral) under extremely tight deadlines.
• Write/edit in a variety of styles ranging from succinct and persuasive to academic and intellectual (white papers, articles for industry journals)— writing/editing style must be adaptable
• Ensure all pieces adhere consistently to CRA’s brand both in terms voice/style as well as grammar
• Apply The Chicago Manual of Style in a proofreading capacity—must be familiar with online editing tools for both Word documents and pdfs
• Write, edit, and proofread client-facing materials, newsletters, articles, memos, interviews, pitch decks, and mailings
• Write, edit, and proofread internal materials, including training guides, employee newsletters, firm-wide emails, intranet sites, and presentations
• Summarize, edit, condense, and/or and proofread reports and other corporate documents that outline complicated management consulting and litigation support transactions
• Collaborate with designers and marketing team on other print and/or digital projects as needed
• Support the development of HTML products such as online newsletters
• Strong experience with the Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or English required
• 5+ years’ writing and editing experience required
• Professional services work experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise pieces
• Experience in a fast paced, matrixed organization and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE).
Charles River Associates (CRA) is a global consulting firm specializing in litigation, regulatory, financial, and management consulting. We...