Faculty of Arts and Sciences
USA - MA - Cambridge
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., worksite-based
Harvard Stem Cell Institute
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Communications Officer for University Science,Implement a communications plan with a focus on overall branding of the Institute, consistent with the Institute’s mission.
- Develop and edit content for newsletters, annual report, presentations, and the web.
- Manage and monitor internally- and externally-focused communications projects.
- Ensure all projects are consistent in their reflection of the HSCI brand ~ liaise with Mgr. of Web Technologies to ensure consistency.
- Collaborate with HSCI staff members to help position, package and market programs and activities.
- Interact and work with HSCI faculty as needed to develop content.
- Promote and attend HSCI events; write articles summarizing the program and take photographs of the same.
- Manage the production of print and electronic media projects ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Communications Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in science communications, communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in science writing; graphic design; leveraging and integrating a variety of media, including print, interactive, multimedia and social media.
Master’s degree preferred. Exceptional writing skills for all communications media. Demonstrated creativity, ability to ‘create’ stories and develop narratives to promote stem cell science through a variety of media. A solid grasp of technology and a solid understanding of scientific trends and applications. Excellent planning, project and people management and organizational skills. Experience as a collaborator and teambuilder. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources
Harvard University - 11 months ago