The Writer researches for and then composes strategic, creative, and effective fundraising materials for clients at universities throughout North America under strict deadlines. Materials include phonathon scripts, training materials, direct mail pieces, and electronic communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Licenses/Certifications and Work Experience:
- Works with clients and research client institutions in order to write effective and unique copy to meet external and internal client fund-raising goals under strict deadlines.
- Proofreads and edits online and hardcopy materials for other writers and collaborates to develop ideas for materials, as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing and coordinating fund-raising strategies with clients and internal departments.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in English, Writing, or Communication).
- Extensive, illustrated writing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive criticism aimed at achieving results that will best benefit the client and company
- Strong ability to organize, plan, and multi-task
- Fundraising experience helpful
- Basic working knowledge of HTML strongly preferred
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photo Shop strongly preferred
RuffaloCODY - 19 months ago