The Writer is responsible for:|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching partner institution and client-provided materials to create original and compelling creative’s (scripts, letters, e-messages and project-specific training packets).
- Serving as an important staff resource; sharing best practices, new ideas and strategies relative to engaging prospects/articulating a strong case in both verbal and written communication.
- Serving as a key team member for all creative materials presented to client. Interpret client and RC project team feedback to make appropriate revisions to creative’s as needed.
- Proofreading own and other writers’ work and follow department editorial standards.
- Work collaboratively with clients and RC project team, and spend adequate time researching client institutions, in order to write effective and tailored copy to meet external and internal needs
- Must be able to work within set timelines (strict deadlines)
- Proofread and edit materials for other writers and develops strategies/new ideas/evolving best practices to improve the quality of conversations and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of grammar
- Monitor telephone conversations (minimum of 60 minutes) for each (off-site) project
- Occasional travel to client sites; professionally represent RC during client visits
- Attend a minimum of one professional development workshop/conference/webinar each year
- Bachelor's degree in Writing, Marketing, Communications and/or English
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive writing experience; all candidates will be asked to share a portfolio of their work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Copy editing experience (1+ year)
- Direct mail or grant writing experience
- Experience with Dreamweaver
- Basic working knowledge of HTML
- Basic working knowledge of Photoshop
- Fundraising/development experience (1+ year); Experience as a student-caller
- Bi-lingual: Comfortable producing written materials in both Spanish and English
RuffaloCODY - 20 months ago