Endeavor, a global non-profit with an award-winning model for private-sector development, seeks a dynamic writer for its Communications team.
The Organization: Established in 1997, Endeavor (www.endeavor.org) is leading a global movement to catalyze long-term economic growth by selecting, mentoring and accelerating the best high impact entrepreneurs. In 15 years, Endeavor has screened and provided feedback to 30,000+ candidates and selected 700+ high impact entrepreneurs. Supported and mentored by our growing network of 1,000+ local and global business leaders, these entrepreneurs have created over 200,000 high-value jobs and generate more than $5 billion in annual revenues.
Endeavor's support catalyzes a chain reaction in the larger economy – driving investment, creating role models, and fostering the conditions for the next Silicon Valley in Rio or Cape Town, Cairo or Jakarta. It is what led Thomas Friedman to hail our model as the “best anti-poverty program of all.” Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor comprises 14 independently-run country affiliates across Latin America, the Middle East, East Asia, Europe and South Africa, with plans to expand to 25 countries by 2015
Title: Communications Associate
Reports To: SVP Marketing and Partnerships
Works with: Endeavor Marketing and Research Teams, CEO
- Work closely with CEO and Endeavor’s research team on high-level presentations, speeches and articles
- Manage public relations initiatives around Endeavor research, entrepreneurs and Endeavor CEO expert opinion
- Contribute content to Endeavor’s web blog, e-newsletter and other publications
- Exceptionally strong writing skills
- A passion to find/tell compelling stories behind data
- Strong interest in Endeavor’s mission and entrepreneurship
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with a strong academic record
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in speechwriting, political/advocacy campaigns and media/communications
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Deadline oriented, self-starter
- Available for interviews in late October/November
- Preferred December or January start
Competitive non-profit base salary plus bonus and benefits
Please send cover letter, résumé and writing sample to Andrew Baltes . Please include ‘Communications Associate’ in the subject of your email. Good luck!
New York City, NY, US
- 3 years ago - save job
Endeavor breaks down barriers that prevent emerging-market entrepreneurs from reaching their high-impact potential. Hailed by NYT columnist...