Searching for a XML Engineer with extensive experience in defining and implementing XML based products. The candidate will be responsible for client delivery of our client s comprehensive universe of reference and pricing data. This covers most major Asset Classes including Equities, Fixed Income, Asset Back Securities and Derivatives.
The candidate needs to have extensive experience with XML technologies designing XML schemas and implementing XSD s. This includes being comfortable with the following XML technologies such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL and XSLT as well as Java and JAXP.
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technology skills, mathematical and analytical aptitude, and domain knowledge in multiple financial asset classes.
The chosen candidate will join a development team that works on product delivery to clients. The system supports delivering file based products, realtime messaging and request response type interfaces. The candidate will be responsible for the design, definition and implementation of the XML based products. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for production support. The candidate should be detail-oriented, embrace development best practices, and communicate clearly and effectively with peers, QA team, users, project management, and supervisors.
The working environment is fast-paced, high demand, and closely integrated with business users. The candidate should be a self-motivated quick learner willing to pick up any skills the job calls for on the job.
Job Specifications: Technical
Job Specifications: Financial Industry Experience
- Solid development experience with XML technologies such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, XSLT, etc
- Strong development experience with Java, JAXP and Java Web Services
- Proven development skills with XML Tools and concepts including XQuery, XSLT, schema design and implementation, XSD s.
- Unix, unix shells scripting capabilities
- Experience with relational databases Sybase, MySQL, Oracle
- Strong experience with Content and QA plans.
- Understanding and dedication to software development best practices
Job Specification: General
- Knowledge of Equities, Fixed Income, Asset Back Securities and Derivatives both from a reference and pricing data aspect.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities among different efforts/projects
- Team player
GMS Advisors - 10 months ago