Abraxas, a leader in the juvenile justice field, has openings for Youth Development Specialists.
Abraxas’ primary business is in the field of corrections, education, rehabilitation and treatment for youth. We partner with federal, state, county and local government agencies to meet their service needs through quality and cost-efficient services and programs.
At Abraxas compensation isn’t the only reward for your talents. We also offer excellent benefit options designed to meet your health, financial, insurance, and personal needs. These benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K, life insurance, disability insurance, etc.
Our Youth Development Specialists provide a full range of safety and security services to the youth. Some of the specific job functions are as follows:
- Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Provides effective people security (e.g., headcounts, room checks, client movement).
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
- Facilitates and documents various groups/meetings.
- Administers medication or supervises self administration of medication when necessary.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of client intervention skills and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) techniques.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Implements and supports the Abraxas mission and philosophy; follows Abraxas’ policies on professional expectations, code of conduct, and other practices and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Demonstrates professionalism in performance of job.
- Demonstrates effort in professional development.
- Knows and implements emergency procedures (e.g. evacuation, CPR/first aid).
Abraxas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Education - High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employees’ state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
Identifier: GEO Care
The GEO Group, Inc. - 17 months ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a provider of government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and...