PUT YOUR CAREER INTO OVERDRIVE!
Do you want a challenging and long term career opportunity? Do you want the benefits of working for a stable public company and the flexibility and independence of a small but growing division? PICK-n-PULL may be the perfect place for you!
Ever wonder what happens to cars after they’ve outlived their usefulness? Inoperable vehicles have incredible value from used parts and recyclable materials.
PICK-n-PULL Auto Dismantlers is a self-service auto dismantling and recycling company, now with 50+ LOCATIONS throughout the U.S. and Canada, which is focused on consolidating the highly fragmented recycled auto parts market. PICK-n-PULL is a $300+ million, fastest growing division of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. Schnitzer is a 100 year old publicly traded company with revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
General Position Summary:
Supervise all phases of store production operations and employees to ensure goals are met safely and efficiently. Responsible for monitoring all yard production functions to conform to company policies. Ensure that the store operates both safely and environmentally compliant, while effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative policies and procedures.
1. Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety Team to ensure stores are adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
2. Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of all equipment, reporting equipment problems, and adherence to the preventative maintenance program.
3. Participates in the hiring, training, and proper delegation of personnel and scheduling work hours.
4. Monitors and evaluates job performance; trains and develops production staff.
5. Communicates and implements policies and procedures; leads by example for the rest of the team.
6. Monitors all aspects of production activities to ensure production goals are met. Participates, as needed, in production duties.
7. Work with all sales and production personnel to continually improve store results and execute company strategies.
8. Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
1. Recent experience supervising production, construction or operations processes in a similar outdoor work environment exposed to the various weather elements.
2. Managing a team from the beginning to the end of a manual labor process.
3. Working with and fixing heavy equipment.
4. Experience with safety procedures and working in a safety culture.
5. Able to handle multiple competing tasks and priorities and perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to become certified in all production equipment, and approved to operate all PNP equipment.
7. Good computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
8. Able to work required hours which may include weekends and holidays at any store assigned by management within reasonable distance from home store.
9. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
10. Experience in scheduling employees in a production environment.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
1. Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the day.
2. Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds.
Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely.
Monster - 7 months ago
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. is a recycler of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The Company is a recycler of used and salvaged vehicles, a...