Warehouse/ Shipping position with primary responsibilities to operate yard mules, tractor trailers and bobtail trucks, moving equipment from the yard to dock and back for loading and unloading. Move trailers and bobtails to designated loading or parking sites as directed.
- Responsible for operating shuttles to move trailers from building to building, staging area and from various loading dock doors. Receiving instructions via radio and performing trailer shuttling to accommodate logistical needs.
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance checks of shuttle truck and reporting any malfunctions to the garage.
- Responsible for documenting all trailer moves on Yard Driver daily move sheets and submitting the daily move sheet to the shipping office upon the completion of the shift.
- Responsible for fueling of the yard truck as needed.
- Must be able to perform the duties of this role in ALL weather conditions.
- Couple and uncouple tractor trailer units. Connect and disconnect brake lines as needed.
- Performs "safety check" inspection of the trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- For any facility requiring the Yard Driver to enter a public roadway: Maintain legal status of DOT hours and provide proper documentation regarding Hours of Service.
- Secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of driving experience in Tractor-Trailer Truck or Bobtail.
- Must have DOT certifiable and a good MVR.
- Must currently have a Class “A or B” CDL (commercial drivers license). Must maintain a valid commercial driver's license and an air brake endorsement.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climbing into and out of tractor trailers virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions (year round) with moderate noise. May perform duties indoor and outdoor.
- Must be able to raise and lower the trailer landing gear
- Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Must have a clean driving record.
Dean Foods - 16 months ago