Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Drives gasoline or diesel powered tractor-trailer combination to transport trailers and containers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Drives yard tractor as required to move trailers/containers located on company premises. If currently in possession of Class A Driver’s License, may transport trailers/containers between facilities (on the road) and for fill-ups.
· Inspects yard tractor equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and for defects before and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
· Assists warehouse workers in loading and unloading truck.
· Places trailer/containers dispatched to them via RF commands or other method of communication which are in the queue in YMS.
· Receives instructions from yard controllers, and follows such instructions to maximize equipment turn times.
· Observes and directs outside drivers to the appropriate locations in the yard. Advises outside drivers as to proper safety procedures in the yard.
· Practices safe driving and good yard housekeeping.
· Chocks wheels of trailers/containers after placement at the dock doors.
· Insures doors are at least half rolled down prior to pulling trailer/container from a door.
· Performs Material Handler A duties when required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); certificate from college or technical school and at least 1-year prior experience operating a yard tractor and/or tractor/trailer combined. Must pass the written and road driving tests required for a regular Class C license, as mandated by the State in which the employee works, or Class A license for driving on the road
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.