Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a
Las Vegas, NV
site. We’re looking for a hands-on manager who can juggle many things at once! You’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of the auction yard, including occupational and environmental health and safety, yard team management, financial accountability, and organization of the yard.
No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance-based bonus.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and Employee Share Purchase Plan, both with company matching.
- Meals catered at our auction sites at auction time, plus post auction celebration.
- Laptop, smart phone and expense account.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Our Yard Managers ensure that the main auction site and off-site locations run smoothly and safely. In this role you’ll:
- Supervise and develop full-time and part-time yard staff to their full potential.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all corporate and legislated health and safety and environmental policies, regulations and laws.
- Be responsible for meeting the yard operations budget, and creating and maintaining operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the preparation of the advertising material for upcoming sales (e.g. brochure and catalogue), in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversee yard layout and equipment line up.
- Manage all building, yard and equipment maintenance programs.
- Plan the refurbishing schedule and budget; control purchase orders and cost sheets.
- Manage paint contractors and other site-related vendors.
- Ensure equipment is in sale-ready condition.
- Arrange for and schedule all sale day casual staff.
- Coordinate site security.
- Operate and move a variety of heavy equipment and trucks.
Here's what you bring:
- Previous experience managing or supervising multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with industrial and / or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Previous cost management experience, and a background in business fundamentals and business financial knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service to customers and colleagues.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn new programs.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (on this job your most valuable tools will be the 2-way radio, a cell phone and a desk phone). Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving abstract, and a passport (or passport eligibility).
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks.
- Because we are an event-driven company, we need you to be able to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at
auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours for
weeks prior to each sale,
each sale, and for
weeks after each sale.
per year, to travel to other auction sites within the region.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...