Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: The Yard Supervisor directly oversees the activities of Yard Drivers and Gate staff as well as maintaining traffic flow in and out of the facility. This position is split between both indoor and outdoor activities. This position is located in Sumner, WA. Applicants must have a current valid Class A CDL drivers license to be considered for this position.
Different shifts are available - B Shift: Tues-Fri 7pm -5.30pm or C Shift: Fri - Sun, 5.30 am - 5.30 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow in the yard. Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability or capability of workers and equipment.
• Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety; maintains clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Performs duties of a Yard Driver at least 40% of the time.
• Writes accident and incident reports as required by Safety Program
• Ensures time is utilized efficiently and that company polices and safety precautions are followed and taken
• Conducts performance evaluations and recommends other performance related actions such as verbal and written counseling notices, discipline, and termination of employment.
Directly supervises five or more employees, plus required number of staffing agency associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's management policies, mandates and any applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have passed the written and road driving test for a Class “A” CDL license and currently possess a valid Class A CDL drivers license
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five years related experience as a yard/warehouse supervisor and/or lead.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
• instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
• numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
• and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
• written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
• variables in standardized situations.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.