Our Columbus (South Vienna), Ohio site has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and energetic hourly Yard Worker who doesn't mind life on the road, and who would welcome the opportunity to travel around the Eastern US. This position will be based out of our South Vienna, Ohio sale site and will include traveling to various locations in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Carolina, & West Virginia for extended periods at a time.
The Next Sale in Columbus (South Vienna), OH is March 14, 2013.
What We Offer:
We deliver our Yard Workers a competitive hourly wage plus paid overtime and an opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
The Yard Worker helps the Operation’s team to organize the Las Vegas yard for our auction. In this role you’ll:
- Operate all types of heavy equipment and trucks.
- Play a key role in organizing equipment in the yard for the auction.
- Assist customers to load their equipment purchases, and answer customer questions related to the yard.
To get a better idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Here's what you bring:
- Prior experience operating and knowledge of all types of heavy equipment and trucks.
- A proven track record of working safely and contributing to a safe workplace.
- Ability to operate a wheel loader or forklift would be an asset.
- The ability to work independently – you have a take-charge attitude.
- High degree of attention to detail! Organized and able to juggle many tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to relate to customers and team members really well.
- Thrive working as part of team, pitching in wherever needed.
- Good computer skills and able to learn new programs with relative ease.
- Fluency in a second language would be an asset.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
In this role you will be required to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Work both indoors and outdoors (mostly outdoors) year-round in all seasons.
- Work regular overtime, including weekend hours at each of our 6 - 8 auction sales in a year.
- You can expect to work extra hours for 2 - 3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 1 week after each sale.
- Physically able to climb on and off heavy equipment – this is an active job.
- Travel up to 60% of the time to other Ritchie Bros.’ sale sites.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Part Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 18 months ago
- 30+ days ago
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...