The Greater Waterbury YMCA is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Youth & Teen Director. Responsible for the planning, development, administration, budgeting, leadership and evaluation of all youth & adult sports programs which include but not limited to programs, tournaments and leagues for basketball, soccer, racquetball, volleyball, and sports camps. Also responsible for Youth Leaders Club and Youth & Government and providing a strong presence to our growing teen population. Strong organizational skills are a must with volunteer development and hands on management skills.
- Supervise all aspects of the youth and adult programs, camps, clinics, tournaments, leagues and special events.
- Supervise proper collections of fees and maintain accurate records of income, attendance and participation in all program operated by the department.
- Hire, train and supervise competent personnel in positions relating to program area responsibilities. Develop and provide additional programs with supervisor relating to the sports program area.
- Assist in the promotion relating to program area.
- Prepare annual budget following association guidelines.
- Responsible for program income and expense in specific areas providing detailed documentation and follow up.
- Cooperates with the Associate Executive and other staff members concerning facility scheduling, problem solving and fiscal management.
- Responsible for the recruitment and direction of volunteer coaches in an organized and professional manner.
- Work in conjunction with other staff, parents, and volunteers in daily activities and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate to people of all socio-economic levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, particularly evening and weekend hours.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience in physical education, recreation or related field.
- Financial budgeting skills essential with excellent reading, writing, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and have a working knowledge of various sports fundamentals.
Salary: $28,000 - $34,000
Additional Compensation Details:
This is a full-time position. The YMCA offers Health, dental, vision and life insurance. When Y Retirement qualifications are met the YMCA pays 10% of gross wages into the retirement fund.
YMCA - 14 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...