March 27, 2013
Youth Care Worker
On Call Hours: Job Code YCW-REL-155
ORR Micasa Foster Care Program
Program serves children and youth in a transitional Foster Care Program.
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedures
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Many clients only speak Spanish
- Bilingual in Spanish/English HIGHLY desirable
- Come Join the Latino Services Provider Group
The Youth Care Worker provides vocational and daily living skills to children and adolescents in a classroom setting. Preference will be given to applicants who are fluent in English/Spanish.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required.
- 1 year experience working with youth. Preferably in a residential setting. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, written, read and verbal preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, staff, supervisors and management.
- Ability to provide auditory, visual and physical supervision of clients at all times.
- Ability to stay calm and mentally/emotionally available in an environment serving troubled youth.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and the community.
- Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Ability to perform physical restraints of clients up to 200 pounds.
- Position may require driving an agency vehicle, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. Transporting clients may be required.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
- CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
- Complete required program trainings within 6 months of employment and update as required.
- TB testing required within 30 days of employment and annually.
- Work at multiple ORR Program sites.
- Language testing if applicable.
+ Pay Differential for Bilingual abilities
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "YCW-REL-155" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "YCW-REL-155" on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison is the only organization in the Pacific Northwest to receive recognition from SAMHSA, the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health...