June 12, 2013
Bilingual Youth Care Worker
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits: Job Code YCW-FT-153
ORR Senderos Secure Program
Program serves primarily Latino youth in a Juvenile Justice Facility.
- To Apply Please Follow Application Procedures
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Many clients only speak Spanish
- Bilingual in Spanish/English Required
- Come Join the Latino Services Provider Group
The Youth Care Worker provides vocational and daily living skills to adolescent boys in a Residential Secure Program. Male applicants may be given preference over female applicants due to gender-specific client population served. Preference will be given to applicants who are fluent in English/Spanish.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required.
- 1 year experience working with youth in a residential setting. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, written, read and verbal required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, staff, supervisors and management.
- Ability to provide auditory, visual and physical supervision of clients at all times.
- Ability to stay calm and mentally/emotionally available in an environment serving troubled youth.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and the community.
- Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Ability to perform physical restraints of clients up to 200 pounds.
- Position may require driving an agency vehicle, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. Transporting clients may be required.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
- CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
- Complete required program trainings within 6 months of employment and update as required.
- TB testing required within 30 days of employment and annually.
- Work at multiple ORR Program sites.
- Language testing if applicable.
+ Pay Differential for Bilingual abilities
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "YCW-FT-153" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "YCW-FT-153" on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer