Youth Care Workers are responsible for maintaining structure within our program, assisting the at-risk youth within our residential facility with their daily schedule.
Must present as a mature, responsible role-model.
We are looking for people who are able to:
Exercise excellent judgment in resolving conflicts.
Balance respect, care and discipline for our residents.
Work effectively and cooperatively with other staff members.
Some physical and verbal intervention may be necessary due to the nature of our residents’ condition, therefore the ability to move quickly, remain calm during stressful situations and provide unconditional care is a must.
- Must be able to generate reports or summaries using prescribed format.
- Must be able to understand written documents pertaining to our residents, including medical and academic reports.
- Must be willing to work as a part of a team.
- Experience in providing services and support to youth preferred.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- Must communicate well (verbal and written) with all levels of personnel internal and external to the company.
- Work responsibly with highly confidential information and maintain composure under duress.
- College degree preferred, but will accept candidates with only a high school diploma.
- Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence with a satisfactory driving record as defined by ResCare’s vehicle policy and/or liability insurance carrier required.
ResCare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities....