THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Oversees the safety of the recreation areas for youth
ages ten years of age and older.
1. 20 years of age or older for most programs (a minimum
of two years older than oldest program participant.)
2. Current state approved first aid certification.*
3. Current state approved CPR certification.*
4. Experience with youth the same ages to be served
5. Knowledge of safety rules for program and building
6. Ability to respond to safety and emergency
7. Ability to setup, move, and store equipment.
8. Ability to develop and lead a variety of activities
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Within thirty days of employment or at first available
CORE COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS INCLUDE:
- Supporting our Mission, Vision and Direction of the
Participants, Internal Customers and Others
- Building Community
- Providing a Quality Experience for Members,
- Working Productively
- Using Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates
Respect, and Responsibility.
- Ability to embrace our core values: Caring, Honesty,
1. Develops and leads the activities of youth in the
2. Sets up, takes down and cares for equipment.
2. Enforce safety rules and guidelines.
3. Logs room attendance.
4. Answers questions for parents and participants.
5 Attends staff meetings and required trainings
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; tuition
assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when
98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department.
- Apply online or mail to 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
We are a drug-free workplace.
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 15 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...