Primary Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate and support the daily operation of youth development and CookShop nutrition education programming in public school and community-based setting. The Youth Development Coordinator will be responsible for recruitment of schools and interns; training; maintaining relationships with program sites through regular communication, site visits and technical support; documentation and other program support and development. The Youth Development Coordinator will also serve as the primary liaison for the CookShop for Teens internship component, responsible for preparing, coordinating and implementing the day-to-day tasks and agendas and student interns. Working within a fast-paced environment, this position requires an individual with youth supervision experience and an interest in educating, engaging and organizing youth around food and nutrition issues (project management and curriculum development/critique).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee recruitment, program development and management of CookShop for Teens sites and interns to participate in youth development and nutrition education programs – citywide travel required.
- Provide technical assistance to CookShop schools, sites, teachers and school administration to support the implementation of a comprehensive nutrition education program and assurance that program curricula are implemented in accordance with approved standards;
- Support trainings and workshops, and coordinate and conduct site visits and focus groups with participating program sites, including overseeing preparation of materials and supplies.
- Lead efforts of integrating the CookShop for Teens component into the other CookShop components and across departments at the Food Bank.
- Process all program documentation including filing and organization of program materials;
- Develop a strong youth presence at the Food Bank, including online content (website and social media), coordination on development of multimedia projects (street interviews, mini-documentaries, etc.), bi-annual teen nutrition e-zine or newsletter and an end-of the year show case/think tank for participating CookShop for Teens sites.
- Attend youth development related conferences, community based meetings, etc. to actively seek and field potential partnerships and youth development best practices and conduct market research on teen nutrition programs and provide best practices recommendations based on analysis.
- Research and develop effective, engaging and nutrition focused content for internship meetings and CookShop for Teens curriculum.
- Seek ways to engage the entire Food Bank in youth development and facilitate ways for Food Bank staff to serve as subject matter experts and increase interns skill set and knowledge base (two-way professional development)
- Research potential grantors, investors, angel donors and work with Business Partnerships to help expand the CookShop for Teens component and make program more palpable to donors.
- Supervise any assigned staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years experience in nutrition/culinary/health education, youth development or other related field.
- Ability to develop production plans that culminate with a deliverable (online content, newsletter, etc.)
- Experience teaching/supervising youth, facilitating groups and youth organizing activities and conducting “train the trainer” and educational workshops required.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project coordination skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working and communicating with diverse populations required (including school Administration, upper level management, teachers and teens.)
- Interest and familiarity with food poverty and nutrition policy a plus.
- Proficiency in all MS office applications required.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages strongly preferred.
Click here to apply to job: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3377651
Indeed - 20 months ago