Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
Are you an energetic person who is self-motivated and has a passion for working with youth? If you answered yes, then MADD TX has the position for you!!
The MADD Austin, TX office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Youth Program Specialist 008-13
Direct, organize and implement all aspects and technical portions of specific grant funded programs for targeted for youth populations at State and Local level. Responsible for all grant administration including regular liaison and reporting to grant funding organization, achievement of established grant performance objectives, development of programs to achieve grant objectives and adherence to all grant policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and design youth programs and youth events specifically targeted to achieve objectives of the grant assigned to the position. Provide training, guidance and support by conducting training meeting, telephone coaching and on-site support.
2. Design, develop and implement training programs and conduct the programs at the participating Affiliate and State organizations. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meeting and training of local trainers.
3. Ensure that goals and objectives as designated in the program grant are achieved.
4. Maintain tracking of grant results, financial reports, and the progress for evaluation and improvement. Identify areas that are not fully utilizing the resources available and ensure assistance is provided in a timely manner.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
2. One to two years experience in work with the development and implementation of community awareness, education, partnership and youth programs specifically related to areas of substance abuse. Previous experience working with grant administration helpful.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timelines and deadlines. Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
4. High proficiency level computer and MS office related products.
5. Travel and flexible hours are required.
Experience working with youth is highly desired. Must have experience with public speaking/presentations. Willing to work some weekends and willing to work flexible hours.
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes via fax to 512.445.4979, attn: S Rogers or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
MADD - 15 months ago