Position Title: School & Youth Programs Intern - non-paid
Greater Los Angeles Chapter
Los Angeles, CA
The School & Youth Intern is part of a small but dedicated team responsible for leading, coordinating, and supporting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Greater Los Angeles Chapter School & Youth programs (Pennies for Patients, Pasta for Pennies, and HOP for Leukemia). School & Youth Programs give K-12 students an opportunity to develop character while making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by blood cancers.
This is an ideal position for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in non-profit, fundraising/development, and/or public relations. We are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Applicants who are proficient in Microsoft Office, database programs and have some experience in marketing, customer service and/or graphic design are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities : Vary depending on phase of this year-round campaign.
- Recruitment and cultivation (calls, emails, etc.) of schools.
- Process registration forms, assembly requests, materials requests and other special requests from schools.
- Maintain digital and hard copy filing.
- Hosting educational kick-off and wrap-up assemblies for K-12 audiences of students numbering from 20-500 (optional).
- Create and distribute communication pieces, both digital and hard copy.
- Update online platforms: website and social media.
- Assist with fulfillment and shipping of program materials to schools.
- Support and lead research projects and special projects.
- General support of the School & Youth goals and objectives.
- Must be enrolled in a two- or four-year institution and demonstrate excellent academic progress.
- Degrees or majors in Business, Communication, Education, Marketing, Psychology, and Sociology preferred.
Hours : 10 - 20 hours a week during office hours (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm); preferably to work at least 3-5 months.
Location : 6033 W Century Blvd, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (near LAX);
This is an unpaid internship. Parking and mileage reimbursement is included.
For consideration, please forward cover letter* with resume
and three references with 'SCHOOL & YOUTH INTERN' in the subject:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Greater Los Angeles Chapter
6033 W. Century Blvd., Ste. 300
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Fax: (310) 342-5801
*In the cover letter, please include the following: days/hours available, start date/end date, and why you are interested in interning for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
To apply on-line, go to:
Intern - Greater Los Angeles Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard