Leadership position in the field of social services, providing supervision to a team of Youth Support Partners(YSPs), who provide support to youth and young adults participating in the many YSP Unit Initiatives. Supervisor/Coach will be expected to collaborate and help the YSP Unit strengthen and grow its efforts. Additional responsibilities will include:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in a related field, plus 2 years experience working in the field of Human Services. Demonstrated experience working with and fostering teams, including working with youth and young adults in a respectful and engaging manner, along with the ability to hold oneself accountable, as well as the staff one supervises are key aspects of this position. Candidate must complete the High Fidelity Wraparound Coaching and Credentialing (if applicable) and Family Development Leadership Credentialing process prior to or within the first 12 months of employment. Local travel involved-valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are needed.
- Providing supervision to Youth Support Partners that is strengths based, proactive and collaborative with key partners in the project.
- Meets regularly with Youth Support Partner Unit Manager for supervision and oversight.
- Meets regularly with the other YSP Supervisors/Coaches for planning, coordination and shared leadership responsibilities of the YSP Unit and of staff.
- Meets with Systems Integration colleagues and external partners for project coordination.
- Communicates and meets frequently with other partner supervisors/facilities.
- Completes the Family Development Leadership Credential (FDLC) and possibly Family Development Credential (FDC).
- Completes the HFW 5 Day Team Training, Coaching Training and all credentialing requirements in order to coach YSPs in the HFW process (if applicable).
- Assigns cases and monitors YSP schedules of supervision time, home visits and client activities, team meetings and DHS required meetings.
- Reviews all case records and signs off on all documentation; monitors documentation regularly for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that staff are fully trained, credentialed and understand implementation of the materials.
- Develops and implements regularly scheduled individual and group supervision of YSPs and YSP Unit Manager.
- Timely review and sign-off on all time sheets and expense forms assuring accuracy and timely submission.
- Develops applicable policies and procedures related to the role and responsibilities of the YSP.
- Identifies education, training, conference and skill building opportunities for YSP.
- Assesses performance and develops and implements strengths based professional development plans for each YSP.
- Coordinates team building opportunities and events.
- Collaborates and works closely with others.
- Supervises/coaches YSPs and to ensure consistency in coaching, training and messaging across all initiatives.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations on all staff.
- Providing leadership and modeling for various YSP Unit Initiatives.
- Develops and implements measurable outcomes and evaluation efforts across the YSP Unit.
- Works collaboratively with all supervisors and staff.
- Helps with planning and implementation of YSP Unit Initiatives.
- Develops plans, documents, tools, etc. necessary to support YSP Unit Initiatives.
- Manages certain financial aspects of grants and/or YSP Unit Initiatives.
- Ensures the “youth voice” is heard in all aspects of governance, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and the provision of services.
- Collaboratively develops and implements problem solving strategies that promote positive work environment and that focuses on positive child and family outcomes.
- Facilitates the use of strategies for developing culturally competent services and supports and seeks resources from culturally diverse groups within the community.