Job Description Summary
Responsible for driving/operating zamboni and following proper procedures to ensure high quality maintenance of ice field and safety of users. Also responsible for assisting with general cleaning and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, and rink property.
• Drives and operates zamboni according to established procedures and safety guidelines during scheduled shifts. Responsible for reporting to work on time within established time frames that allow proper review/update on ice conditions, equipment, etc. before scheduled ice time and filling out required reports.
• Responsible for making ice on time as assigned according to the rink charts and for the edging of the ice during the day shift or before making final sheets of ice at night.
• Responsible for monitoring ice field and equipment for any visible problems and notifying the appropriate rink management within appropriate time frames regarding poor ice conditions or mechanical failures.
• Responsible for following established procedure and safety guidelines at all times including: allowing no one on the ice while resurfacing with the exception of persons removing nets and assisting in the enforcement of the helmet policy, allowing no hockey participants or employees on the ice without a helmet.
• Responsible for assisting with general maintenance and cleaning of rink property including: emptying and relining trash receptacles and sweeping floors and other areas (locker rooms, bench and bleacher areas, etc.) as needed. When applicable, responsible for snow shoveling entrances, emergency exits, and stairs as well as treating sidewalks with ice melting product.
• Checks restrooms, official’s room, lockers rooms, lobby, etc. to ensure building is empty when closing.
• Completes duties on shift report and initials areas when completed.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Must be able to travel on and off campus and work late evenings and weekends; Heavy lifting required (75 pounds and over)
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• Ability to perform vehicle maintenance
• Valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License, with an insurable driving history as determined by Babson’s insurance carrier.
• Ability to work independently
• Skate sharpening experience preferred
Babson College - 12 months ago