Paper recycling is an environmental success story, with recovery now
exceeding 60% across the United States. International Paper’s Recycling
Business contributes to that success as it pursues its mission of
delivering cost advantaged fiber to IP mills. It does this through
three business segments: Plants, Strategic Accounts, and Brokerage.
The Zone General Manager has P&L responsibility for four plants in the
Central Zone and reports to the Region General Manager - East. This
position has overall responsibility for developing, growing and managing
the safe and profitable operation of four recycling plants in the
Central Zone. This individual leads the Operations’ team in safely and
successfully procuring, sorting, regrading and processing fiber,
plastics and metals to achieve planned volumes. The four plants in this
zone are located in: Memphis, TN, Carrollton TX, Des Moines IA,
• Responsible for the implementation of corporate and business
safety initiatives, adhering to company safety expectations, developing,
executing and monitoring plant specific safety plans and results.
• Responsible for fiber procurement (sourcing) team that captures
loose and baled material to be processed at the plants.
• Develop and execute an effective operating and fiber sourcing
strategy, and drive decisions aimed at improving productivity, margin
enhancement, customer satisfaction and operating efficiency.
• Provide direction to manufacturing and fiber procurement
• Effectively communicate operating plans, performance goals and
expectations to plant managers, their staff and the supply teams.
• Support the business mission and vision by modeling desired
behaviors, communicating and reinforcing key messages through daily
activities and interactions.
• Ensure alignment of processes within the zone.
• Ensure that an effective “best practice” sharing and
implementation process exists within the zone and across the plant
• Responsible for leading and directing Roadmap processes to
provide ongoing development, training and performance feedback to zone
• Coordinate with Mill Supply and Recycling Marketing teams to
ensure accurate forecasting of availabilities and fulfillment of order
commitments to internal and 3rd party customers.
• Ensure accurate forecasting of costs, staffing requirements and
fiber procurement volume during the annual planning process
• Accountable to the Director of Operations for P&L results.
• Accountable for effective management of human resources and
physical plant assets
• Accountable for capital project planning and implementation of
• Bachelors degree
• Knowledge and experience managing multiple or complex fiber
recycling facilities is preferred
• Ability to utilize workflow and process reliability to implement
• Experience in using market analysis to develop strategic plans to
align fiber sourcing activities with internal and third party customer
• Ability to work effectively across functional groups to achieve
business goals and success
• Management experience and ability to influence and lead all
levels of an organization
• Experience in creating and managing to a P&L.
• Ability to lead, evaluate and develop employees.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge or experience working with MRS and OEI computer
systems would be an asset
• Role model for behavior expectations in safety, ethics,
integrity, fairness and motivation
• Ability to travel as needed
• Business Acumen
• Customer focus
• Strategic Agility
• Decision Quality
• Managing through Systems
• Motivating Others
• Developing Direct Reports
• Building Effective Teams
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
International Paper - 18 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....