The Facilities & Safety Department at the University of Central Florida is hiring for three (3) Zone Supervisor positions.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
For more information about Facilities & Safety, please visit our website at: http://www.fs.ucf.edu/
- Coordinate and supervise the work of employees in the maintenance and upkeep of buildings, building systems, equipment, record keeping and service documentation as assigned.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
- Oversees the personnel completing tasks in the buildings under their authority.
- Selected candidate will be the primary contact with the building’s customers and users with respect to maintenance.
- Appropriate oversight will be used to ensure facilities maintenance is completed properly within the work order management process.
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program in a recognized trade and appropriate experience to total seven years; or a high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for up to four years of the required experience If minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on the application.
Familiar with multiple trades.
Demonstrate proficient use of various computer programs including and/or equivalent to Microsoft Office, (especially Excel) and the CMMS ;
Prior use and interpretation of maintenance / facility maintenance union contracts and vendor contracts.
Ability to coach and mentor personnel and share among peers newly found or developed skills, techniques and improvements to the effective execution of the Work Order Management Process.
This is a repost position. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.
This position is an internal posting. Only current UCF employees are eligible to apply.
State title: Maintenance Superintendent
Applicants that apply for this position will also be eligible for position numbers 37726 & 38656.
Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
This position does not require college credits. If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official college transcript must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus.