- Assisting students in the completion and comprehension of all high school science assignments to include biology, chemistry, physics at both the regular and AP level.
- Assisting students in the completion and comprehension of all high school mathematics assignments to include Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 (Intermediate), Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Statistics, and Calculus 1 (differentiation).
- Assisting students in all other areas of high school study to include critical reading assignments, research paper design, research and writing, History, Literature, and Social Studies.
- Leading students through group exercises.
- Working one-on-one with students to increase understanding.
- Assisting After School Coordinator with planned activities.
- Supervising student conduct.
- Attend weekly meeting.
- College junior, senior or graduate with a background in mathematics or physical science preferred, although social-science student or graduate with strong quantitative background will also be strongly considered.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel to multiple work sites in the city of Los Angeles.
- Able to work some Saturdays and evenings.
Hours: 20 hour/week maximum
Pay: $10-15 hour
Indeed - 11 months ago
We are a Federally-funded program which focuses on getting high school students prepared for college.