The Account Executive is responsible for new business development and client retention in a geographic region. As the primary liaison for the University, this position will coordinate with the account management team both onsite and internally for implementation and ongoing client service issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prospect and cultivate relationships with potential clients through marketing initiatives that include direct calls, campus meetings, seminars, member associations, referrals and on-campus presentations.
- Management of a contact database to track follow-up activities and store applicable content about the prospects’ key contacts.
- Attend regional and national conferences.
- Develop comprehensive proposals through a consultative approach incorporating all aspects of plan design, underwriting, claims management, brochure design and distribution, enrollment options and client services.
- Oversee implementation schedules for new and renewed clients.
- Attend on-campus orientations along with regularly scheduled meetings to review account status and customer service standards.
- Monitor experience on a proactive level for program performance.
- Provide weekly activity reports to the President for strategy sessions.
- Collaborate with operations staff on upcoming new sales, key changes with the plan, carrier, network or TPA.
- Responsible for working directly with the Insurance Company’s Underwriter(s) to establish rates, coverage and policy terms.
- Provide necessary information (insurance premium, billing contact, billing address, insurance carrier, sub-broker information, commission rate, etc.) to Finance department to ensure accurate invoicing of clients.
- Identify conditions/situations contributing to customer dissatisfaction and recommend meaningful solutions.
- Manage the renewal process to ensure client retention of assigned accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Economics or related field.
- Three to five years of direct cold-calling and/or outside insurance sales experience preferably in healthcare.
- Proven track record of successful client management in a team environment.
- Experience with key decision makers, brokers, consultants or other interested parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including presentation skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Database Management and Internet applications.
- Licensed for Accident & Health Insurance preferred
- Travel is required
Base pay range is $65K to $70K plus commission.