Responsible for: Accurate and timely recording of daily transactions in the MAS 90 general ledger system and supporting the CFO/Controller in providing an accounting service that enhances the decision making ability of senior management to direct and develop the business.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the general ledger for multiple subsidiaries
- Preparation of accurate monthly financial statements and financial reports
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of annual budgets for all departments
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of Balance Sheet and trial balance
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Ensure all AP, AR, Bank Reconciliations and payroll are entered in the system daily and completed by the 7th of each month for end of the prior month closing.
- Assist in the preparation of work papers for annual audit
- Preparation of monthly/weekly reports as requested
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of accounting.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Five to seven years progressive experience in the Accounting and Finance Department of a corporate or not-for-profit environment. Experience working for a small organization preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to work in and be a part of a team
- Computer facility and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) suite; familiarity with MAS-90 and FrX preferred.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
For immediate consideration, please forward resume and cover letter (to include your salary requirements) to the email address above . Submissions that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. We offer a tremendous opportunity for professional growth and development, as well as a significant compensation package commensurate with skills and experience.