This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of financial and analytic information as requested for accounts payable, general ledger, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, cash disbursements and receipts for the timely production of financial and other management reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position receives direction from the Director of Finance/Budget and exercises no supervision.
1. Preparation of journal entries, account and sub-ledger monthly balance sheet and selected P&L account reconciliations.
2. Perform month end closing procedures.
3. Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
4. Perform financial and other data extractions.
5. Assist with analysis of all financial and data reports.
6. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
7. Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
8. Reconciles financial information by collecting and analyzing account information.
9. Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
10. Manage the records; assure compliance with financial records retention requirements; develop and design reports as necessary.
11. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
13. Assist with development and control of department budget.
14. Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree from and accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting.
2. Two to five years’ Accounting experience required, preferably in a health care environment.
3. Accounting principles and practices.
4. Technical accounting skills
5. Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably experienced with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
6. Proficient in MS office with advanced skills in using excel to present data in a meaningful manner.
7. Health care data and reporting systems.
8. Extract and analyze financial information; present in meaningful way to individuals and groups.
9. Research and perform a variety of special projects as assigned.
10. Basic research methods and report writing techniques.
11. Pertinent federal, state and local codes, laws and regulations.
1. Attention to detail and accuracy.
2. Planning and organizing.
3. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
4. Manage oneself in the day-to-day operation of the finance and budget functions.
5. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Use discretion in handling difficult persons.
7. Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers.
8. Effectively respond to all situations/incidents using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
9. Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
10. Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
11. Work independently with little direction; plan and organize work; meet schedules and deadlines.
12. Maintain accurate and complete reports.
13. Work confidentially with discretion.
14. Demonstrate initiative and ability to work as part of a team.
Office environment; exposure to computer screens, noise and electrical energy; extensive contact with faculty, staff and the public
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time; ability to travel to other Arch Health Partners’ locations.
Indeed - 21 months ago