I. POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for accounts payable (A/P), account receivable (A/R) and payroll (P/R) activities. Task-oriented and able to follow standardized work instructions in a structured environment with feedback and direction.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sort and distribute incoming departmental mail.
- Performs matching of invoices with Purchase Orders and Receiving documents. Resolve any resulting discrepancies.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist in budgeting as requested by Accounting Manager.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Prepares and posts accounting documents such as sales orders, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, and expense reports.
- Assist with internal control procedures.
- Initiates customer billing.
- Performs customer billing following standard protocol.
- Assist in biweekly payroll entry and maintain employee payroll files.
Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
High school diploma required. Minimum of 2 years of college courses in accounting preferred.
Experience with computerized accounting software with preference to Quickbooks 8.0 or higher but experience in others such as PeachTree, Sage, MAS, Masterbuilder etc. would be helpful.
Experience in purchasing highly desirable.
Proficient in QuickBooks 8.0 or higher; A/R, A/P, G/L.
Must possess a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Must have strong work ethics.
Must be well organized and a self-starter; Detail oriented, professional attitude, and reliable.
Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
Intermediate in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch; ability to type 40-45 wpm.
Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
Related Terms: Financial Analyst, Financial Analysis, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payables, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Payable Processor, Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Processor, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Full-Charge Bookkeeper, A/R, A/P, Staff Accounting, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Senior Accounting, Payroll, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Processor, Payroll Specialist, AR, AP, PR, BK, ST, SR, FA