The Role: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
The Accounts Payable Clerk for Smashburger will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling vendor statements, processing invoices and payments. This is a great opportunity for an entry level Accounts Payable professional to work for a growing restaurant company in a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Review invoices for proper coding and approval
- Enter all miscellaneous invoices into Accounting system on a weekly basis
- Upload and reconcile store food invoice batches on a daily basis
- Review vendor statements and research outstanding items
- Ensure all outstanding invoices greater than 30 days are researched and corrected
- Coordinate with Accounting team to void outstanding checks as required
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external associates
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE:
- 2+ years of specific accounts payable experience required
- Strong customer service skills
- Relevant industry experience, franchisor or restaurant or retail industry preferred
- Successful project and time management
- Excellent organization skills as well as a professional attitude required.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize
- Strong research and reconciliation skills required
- Internal control process and procedures
- Experience with financial accounting systems, Cognos and/or MAS500 a plus
- Must have EXCELLENT math skills and be able to pass a quantitative skills test
- Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box
- Willing to work 45-50 hours/week as required
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication as well as great interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused (i.e. generating accurate and timely results and effectively and timely communicating to customers,vendors, co-workers and management)
- Associates degree preferred
Smashburger has topped Fast Casual’s Top Mover & Shakers list, been named America’s Most Promising Company by Forbes Magazine and was...